Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am Sister Bethany Cottle. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ


What does your banner say about you? What do people see...? A mother...a smoker...a workaholic...a father...a lawyer....a drinker....a daughter...a son... Do they see you as relaible? Honest? Faithful? Willing to sacrifice? Confident?

I am Sister Bethany Cottle. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

"I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. The dye has been cast.
I Have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of
Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is
redeemed, by present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished
and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,
tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarf goals. I no longer need
pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to
be rgiht, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by
faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and
labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My
road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable,
my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away,
divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at
the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up,
shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause
of Christ. I must go till He comes, five till I drop, preach till all know, and
work till He stops me. And when he returns for His own, He will have no
problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."

Whatever your banner use to say or does say, you can change it. The past can't be undone, but it can be forgotten, and the present can be changed. You can change your banner, so that when Christ comes, "He will have no problem recognizing you..."  I'm dedicating my life to Christ, forever. I will not go back to who I once was, or who the world might think I should be, or the things I should do.. It's about sacrifice, it's about time, its about showing our love and our gratitude for the one who gave us all, the one who gave  His life, so that we could gain ours. And when He does come, He will have no problem recocnizing who I am. My banner IS set clear.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Its true, we should be more focused on who we need to become, and what type of banner represents us, and not the person we were during the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote... It's sooo good :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAM! Purely awesome! That is exactly what I want others to remember me by when I die. Sister Nestman, a disciple of Christ. How do you think we can better align our lives with the banner we want to represent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The principle of change and becoming better than who you have been and who you are now is one that makes life intriguing, exciting, and fulfilling. Do you know what makes the principle of change possible in our life? It is Jesus Christ. Coming to know Him and having faith in what He has done for us gives us hope and makes becoming a better person possible. Sister Cottle you have pointed out the best way to make those changes and become who God wants us to be....that is by being a disciple of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey neighbor, check your spelling, then delete this comment. rgiht?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Sister Cottle, well said.

    ReplyDelete