Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Am Thankful For Laughter, Except When Milk Comes Out of My Nose


  For those of you who know me, and know me really well, you know I love to laugh. I laugh when I feel awkward, happy, sad, hyper, stressed, I would even say sad, but lately I just cry, I'm turning into my Mom and Aunt Stephanie, but for the most part, I laugh! Laughter is the best medicine for anything and everything. And a good laugh can do a lot of good things, for me at least, and I think for everyone. Even gives you a good ab workout! Which who doesn't like that? So last week was our first district meeting. And I love being able to meet with the missionaries, it is always so awesome to be able to share incites and testimonies with each other, and our district is awesome! Many talents...but not so much when it comes to vocal talents. We all started to sing last week, and I ended up getting the giggles and once I start, I cannot stop. Ya know when your whole body shakes and you feel like you can't breathe, and then when you can breathe it ends up being super loud? Well this is what happened. So this week I told myself I wasn't going to laugh during the song, so they put me in charge of playing the piano. (out of the simplified hymn book I might add.) I haven't played the piano for a long time, but I got through it. But then for the closing hymn we didn't have the piano, and I got laughing again so hard... But as is a lot of things, laughing is like a domino affect, once one falls the rest go with it. And that's the wonderful thing about laughter, about smiling at people, is it is contagious! So smile, laugh a little, this life is suppose to be happy!  In the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:25 it reads, "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." Our Heavenly Father wants us to have joy! He wants us to be happy! In Moses 1:39 it says what God's purpose is for us being here on earth, "For behold, this is my work and my glory  to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." He rejoices when we are happy, he finds joy when we are successful. So smile today :) Find something to smile or laugh about, you'll find you really don't have to look that far.

6 comments:

  1. Haha :) Just don't tell anyone about laughing during family prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your laugh! Something that made me smile today was discovering a secret room behind a bookshelf in our members home. Yeah, it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does love to laugh. If shes really nervous she'll also get hot flashes. Hehehehe. Studio h2o loves and misses you. Come back soon.
    -matty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing is the best! I tried to find the reason people are ticklish, and I don't think there is a scientific explanation. I think it's just proof that God wants us to laugh every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love laughing, its my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. laughing makes me so happy... Your posts make me laugh and cry. You are so amazing sister cottle

    ReplyDelete